The program aims to foster the mobility to France of Filipino professionals working in academic, research, or government institutions; selected jointly on the basis of academic excellence to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate degree in French public higher education institutions under the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research of the French Republic.
An applicant must
- be a Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition;
- hold a higher education diploma recognized by the Philippine government allowing enrolment in the host course in the French Republic
- demonstrate an excellent academic level;
- demonstrate the knowledge or expertise required to carry out higher studies within the host establishment in the French Republic;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies in any of the public universities in France;
- pass the interview and other screening procedures.
Important note on previous scholarship awardees:
Students who, at the time of application to the PhilFrance Scholarships, have already been awarded a French government scholarship (bourse du gouvernement français – BGF) under another type of program, are ineligible, even if the previous scholarship only covered health insurance.