The PhilFrance Master Program
The PhilFrance Master (formerly known as PhilFrance) is a comprehensive scholarship destined for the next generation of Filipino leaders with strong academic, leadership and professional abilities. All applications from master’s degree students from any study field, registered in either public and private establishments are eligible!
- Coverage of enrolment fees for the duration of the program:
- For state-regulated master’s programs (Diplome National), waiving of university registration fees (estimated at EUR 3,700 per academic year)
- For programs offered in other institutions (grande école, private school…), a grant covering a maximum of EUR 5,000 per academic year
- A monthly stipend of EUR 700, including a one-time “moving allowance”of EUR 700
- One economy class round-trip ticket from the Philippines to the French city of destination
- A healthcare package consisting of social security coverage and supplementary insurance (mutuelle)
- Priority access to CROUS student housing services
- Exemption from long-stay student visa fees (separate from VFS processing fee)
Applicants must be:
- Filipino citizens residing in the Philippines at the time of application
- Graduates or graduating students of a Philippine Higher Education Institution
- College students must have completed their undergraduate programs by September 2023
Any full-time, on-site degree offered in a French higher education institution that issues a master’s degree upon its conclusion is eligible.
- Institution: Programs issued by both public universities and French private schools
- Language of instruction: English, French, or both
- Duration: 18 to 24 months (including mandatory internship) beginning on September 2023
- The following programs are NOT ELIGIBLE:
- Programs offered in international schools based in France
- Programs offered in international campuses of French schools
- Dual diploma and joint master’s degrees
- Vocational and technical courses (culinary arts short courses, fashion design workshop, etc.)
Please note that all submitted documents, with the exception of the academic essay, must be in either PDF or image format. Submissions are done entirely online and any submissions delivered to the Embassy of France or the Campus France office will not be entertained.
- A one-page CV summarizing your academic, professional, and leadership experience
- An academic essay no longer than 500 words detailing why you wish to study in France, as well as how your experience and degree will benefit the Philippines and Filipino society
- Essays exceeding the word limit will be disregarded
- Please note that we are requesting an academic essay and not a cover or motivation letter
- A complete, official copy of your most recent academic transcripts
- Proof of financial resources, such as:
- Bank statements
- Bank certificates
- Most recent Income Tax Return statement
- Proof of completed application to the selected degree/French HEI
- Screenshot/s of completed online application via school website or portal
- Screenshot/s of official admission document or e-mail
- Scan of mailed admission letter
- Study plan, curriculum, or academic calendar of the chosen program
- Commonly available on the school’s website or upon request at your HEI’s admissions office
- For programs taught partially or entirely in French, proof of French proficiency of at least B2 CEFR
- DELF/DALF diploma
- TEF/TCF results
- Letter from recognized French language instructor
- If applicable, letter/s of acceptance, proof of application to other scholarship programs that are not classified as Scholarships from the French Government (Bourse du Gouvernement Français – BGF)
Timeline and FAQ
Application is open until May 12, 2023. Any submissions made beyond the deadline will not be entertained.
All applicants will receive an automatic confirmation, but only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted by June 2023.
Got questions? Visit the FAQ and Resources page.